Re: Need Matlab for Ubuntu

Thanks for every bodies help. But I will not use Matlab, A Newbe is
searching for it. I have suggest him for Octave.
----------------------------------------------------------Octave
Dedicated Linux Forum in
Bangladesh<http://forums.linuxdesh.com/member.php?action=register&referrer=3%20>
Follow Me Twiter <https://twitter.com/#%21/AshickunNoor>
Thank you
Md Ashickur Rahman

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 6:45 PM, A. Jorge Garcia <calcpage@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Md Ashickur Rahman Noor <ashickur.noor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you

On 8/5/11, Alan Pope <alan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 5 August 2011 10:58, Md Ashickur Rahman Noor <ashickur.noor@xxxxxxxxx>

wrote:
I have seen this page, but can not understand what is MATLAB R2011a and
where to download this. What I have found after google is an iso from
torrent. What should i do to install Matlab in Ubuntu 10.04.

The following page details how to install MATLAB on Ubuntu 10.04.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MATLAB

The next link details how you can buy MATLAB or download a trial.

http://www.mathworks.com/products/new_products/latest_features.html

Al.

------------------------------

Dedicated Linux Forum in
Bangladesh<http://forums.linuxdesh.com/member.php?action=register&referrer=3%20&gt;

Follow Me Twiter <https://twitter.com/#%21/AshickunNoor&gt;

Thank you
Md Ashickur Rahman

You know, Octave is very similar to MATLAB and is a free Linux app!

HTH,
A. Jorge Garcia
Applied Math and CompSci
http://shadowfaxrant.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/calcpage2009
Sent via DROID on Verizon Wireless

  • Re: Hunting a Math Application
    ... Octave is getting more mature and is much more usable these days. ... the syntax is different than matlab. ... you can also always get a free matlab compatible matlab from bittorrent;-) ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Matlab on Debian
    ... matlab is a commercial product. ... octave should be just as ... good and is available in debian (the syntax of octave is about 98% ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Matlab on Debian
    ... I want to install the matlab package on debian, do you know any repositories I can use? ... For many uses, octave should be just as good and is available in debian. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: .m files to C libraries...
    ... After some short usage of Octave, I can say that compatibility with ... out of memory in Matlab. ... Vectorize, vectorize and vectorize. ... any adaptation from this API to the Octave API must come ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: .m files to C libraries...
    ... I have installed octave and tried it. ... Matlab ~0.9 sec, Octave ~3 sec. ... Vectorize, vectorize and vectorize. ... any adaptation from this API to the Octave API must come ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)