Re: forum archive not accessible anonymously
- From: Alan Pope <alan@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 09:59:22 +0100
On 7 August 2011 08:36, Colin Law <clanlaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2 August 2011 07:40, Mihamina de Rakotomandimby
When performing Google search, I often get a "UbuntuForum" post as
Unfortunately, I get blocked because I must sign in to access the
1°) Would you know why?
Yes. Older posts are being blocked so that people don't stumble upon
them. Many of the posts in the forums archive are old and in many ways
just wrong. So rather than delete them, they're still there but only
authenticated people can see them. The idea is that the forums admins
block search engines so eventually they will forget this stuff exists
and it wont show up in search results.
2°) I think Google indexes it anonymously, so why cant I read it as
Google indexed it a long time ago. You have to go out of your way to
make google forget something.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: forum archive not accessible anonymously
- Next by Date: Re: forum archive not accessible anonymously
- Previous by thread: Re: forum archive not accessible anonymously
- Next by thread: Re: forum archive not accessible anonymously