Grub2 boot vhd file

I know that in ubuntu in order to edit the grub menu options you need to
go to the grub.d directory and add it there. I can add custom menus but
I am trying to get to boot a vhd file and I am not sure of the syntax.
Did anyone here try such a thing that can point me in the right
direction?

This is what I tried:

menuentry "VHD LinuxMint" {
recordfail
savedefault
set gfxpayload=$linux_gfx_mode
insmod part_msdos
insmod ext2
set root='(/dev/sda,msdos5)'
linux /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.38-10-generic
root=UUID=b7ddc8ff-504c-42d6-a049-54ff0168f1ea vloop=/vhd/linuxmint.vhd
quiet splash
initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.38-10-generic-vboot
}

  • Re: download linux kernel 2.6.33.2
    ... I am running Ubuntu 8.04 with BIOS 2.6 24-27-generic. ... Fairly certain that you mean Ubuntu 8.04 with Linux Kernel 2.6.24-7 ... So first figure out whether it is the bios or grub that is giving you ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: GRUB badly broken during upgrade
    ... I went to upgrade the Ubuntu to 11.10, and all seemed well until I ... root. ... When I had just installed Xubuntu, the grub menu would show its ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: GRUB badly broken during upgrade
    ... I went to upgrade the Ubuntu to 11.10, and all seemed well until I ... root. ... When I had just installed Xubuntu, the grub menu would show its ... Right now, on boot, your system goes straight to a grub rescue prompt? ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: expand /boot partition?
    ... install several new Ubuntu versions from live or ... /dev/sda1 - Windows Vista ... I use the Windows Vista bootloader. ... I figure the menu just need to be told where grub is again.. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Fwd: CD/DVD drive problem
    ... "It must be a Ubuntu problem" seems to be a stock answer. ... source software ported to Windows for people I know who will only use ... Grub must at some point be probing the ide/ata devices, ... permanently disables it until the next hard boot. ...
    (Ubuntu)