Re: DVD Drive Clicking
- From: Nils Kassube <kassube@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 23:27:21 +0200
On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 12:13 AM, ANDY <sirald66@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My internal DVD drive clicks (checks for a disc) from time to time
usually between 1 and 3 times at seemingly random intervals.
Still need ideas.
Try the command
sudo hal-disable-polling --device /dev/dvd
in a terminal. If you use it, you will lose the convenience of automatic
disc detection. And with the command
sudo hal-disable-polling --device /dev/dvd --enable-polling
you can enable polling again.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: RE: DVD Drive Clicking
- Next by Date: Re: Need Help
- Previous by thread: Re: DVD Drive Clicking
- Next by thread: Re: DVD Drive Clicking