Re: Dell WiFi key Fn+F2 breaks Intel WiFi on Natty

On 08/14/2011 01:59 PM, Nils Kassube wrote:
Charlie Zender wrote:
On these machines if I do the standard Dell hardware keypress to
turn WiFi off/on (Fn+F2 = blue function key + F2), then the WiFi
does turn off but _it will not turn back on the next time_.

Sadly, rebooting does not solve the problem.
The WiFi is permanently disabled in Linux by pressing Fn+F2.

Check your BIOS if there is a wifi default setting. If the options are
"disabled" and "no change", the second option should be to right one.

Both these machines are dual-boot, and when running Windows
the WiFi works flawlessly and the Fn+F2 key behaves as expected.

You could also try to boot Windows and then reboot after enabling wifi,
maybe it stays enabled.
My HP G60 has that issue. I discovered quite by accident after I'd
disabled in Win7 & booted to 10.10 that Wifi wouldn't turn on. So I
booted back to Win7 to test; after leaving it on in Win7 & then
rebooting back to 10.10 all was working again. Pretty odd & I've not
bothered to dig into the problem, but I suspect it has something to do
with Win7 setting a flag in the bios.