Re: <OT> ubuntu bad press

Tom H wrote:

I've been following this thread off and on and it seems to me that the
purpose of an LTS isn't understood (with apologies if someone else has
already explained this in an email that I've missed or deleted
unread!)

Ubuntu LTS releases mimick the behavior of Debian stable and RHEL.
It's meant to receive mostly bug and security patches through its
lifetime.

As I understand it, this applies to *all* Ubuntu releases. Exactly the
same criteria is used to decide which fixes go into the current release
and which are delayed for the next release. The difference with the LTS
is merely the length of time for which support is provided.

Non-LTS releases are seen as a tad more experimental, but that seems to
be more at release time, on the grounds that any mistake need only last
six months.

--
Avi