Re: keyboard works in BIOS & GRUB but not during boot
- From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 11:27:34 +1000
On 07/09/11 09:16, scar wrote:
i just installed ubuntu 10.04 alongside a machine with windows xp on it,
and the installation went well. i resized the windows partition and
installed ubuntu to an encrypted partition. the keyboard works in BIOS
and in GRUB, but, after that, when it is booting and asking me for the
passphrase to unlock the drive, i cannot enter it. also the num lock
doesn't turn on/off at this point either. i'm just using a run of the
mill USB keyboard and mouse. the keyboard/mouse work fine when i boot
into windows also.
Sounds like you are typing in the wrong passphrase/password. It is typed in "blind" - ie, nothing appears on the screen. And don't forget that the passphrase is case sensitive.
A quick survey at this office revealed that the preferred method
of getting rid of unwanted pubic hair is to use dental floss.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: keyboard works in BIOS & GRUB but not during boot
- Next by Date: Re: Where are the man pages for c++ headers imported from C (e.g. cmath)?
- Previous by thread: Re: keyboard works in BIOS & GRUB but not during boot
- Next by thread: Re: keyboard works in BIOS & GRUB but not during boot