Re: [11.10-64Bit-Beta1]-Crash When Installing Into VirtualBox?

--
Bruce
On Sep 12, 2011 1:27 AM, "NoOp" <glgxg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 09/11/2011 02:56 PM, Jesse Palser wrote:
On 9/11/2011 12:47 PM, NoOp wrote:
On 09/11/2011 08:42 AM, Jesse Palser wrote:
[11.10-64Bit-Beta1]-Crash When Installing Into VirtualBox?

Hi,

I tried to install Ubuntu 11.10 64Bit Beta 1 into current VirtualBox
but it crashes during the installation into the Virtual Machine.
(host OS is Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 7 Home Premium 64Bit SP1)

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Jesse

See the "Installer crash on 11.11 Beta 1" thread.
Hi,

Is this a problem with Beta 1 or current VirtualBox?
If its a problem with Beta 1 then will it be fixed in Beta 2?
Thanks!

Jesse

You read the thread I referred to... right?
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user/248339
and the bug report referenced in that thread... right?
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/743359

Hi Jesse

I had the same problem, however the os installs fine. Just restart the VM
and it should take you to the desktop. If you want it to work without the
error simply uncheck "Download updates while installing" and you won't get
the crash again.

I installed mine in a VM and a dual boot alongside windows 7.

All the best,

Bruce

  • Re: Running windows programs under Linux
    ... I use XEN (similar to KVM in some ways) on my CentOS 5 *desktop*. ... sudo apt-get install ubuntu-virt ... It will run much better/smooth than VirtualBox or VMWare. ... considering running Windows in a virtual machine. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Gnu tools for ARM Cortex development
    ... E.g. install ... VirtualBox is geat - I do Visual C++ development in it on my debian ... It is also very good for testing Windows software releases, ... virtual machine, and archive the entire virtual machine. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: mac cant run VISTA
    ... Then I tried installing a program and Vista tells me "You must be ... Same problem as before - the Vista beta drivers from ATI ... the driver in safe mode. ... NOT attempt to install betas, unless they are PREPARED to put up with bugs ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • RE: 32-bit to 64-bit
    ... This works just fine (with a few caveats, e.g. virtualbox does _not_ ... Not all packages have been multiarchified, ... This is quite a hassle since you have to install all necessary ... If I package it into a virtual machine instance, first, then I ...
    (Debian-User)