Re: how to install firmware for wifi when lan is not working

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 11:27 PM, Robert Holtzman <holtzm@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 04:51:36PM +0300, Ioannis Vranos wrote:
On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Abhishek Dixit <abhidixit87@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I recently installed Ubuntu 11.04 on my laptop.
Wireless is not working.
I do not have a lan card working  so as to  connect to it and use.Any
how I want to use the wifi so what do I need to install on it.
I will need to download any thing in the windows OS only (my laptop is
dual boot) and then install in Ubuntu.
So how should I go on.
lspci out put of my device is

0c:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312
802.11b/g LP-PHY [14e4:4315] (rev 01)
       Subsystem: Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card [1028:000c]
       Memory at f69fc000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
       Capabilities: <access denied>
       Kernel driver in use: b43-pci-bridge
       Kernel modules: ssb

Install package linux-firmware-nonfree.

I'm confused (not unusual). How do you do this if there is no working
wifi under ubuntu? Is the package on the cd? If so you should have
mentioned this.

--
No it is not on CD.Any thing that is important to make your wifi is by
default not present in the ISO which I downloaded.