Re: Nvidia driver problem

On 09/23/2011 06:24 PM, Liam Proven wrote:
On 24 September 2011 02:01, compdoc <compdoc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

1) Run memtest86+ overnight, or at least 5 or 6 passes.

2) Open the computer and look for any capacitors that are rounded on top:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague

(click pictures to see close up. )

3) check your hard drive's smart data and/or look at the drive's health with
gnome disk utility.

This is good advice - I agree, strongly.

Cool. Perhaps you can advise as to how that relates to the OP's issue?

  • Re: Nvidia driver problem
    ... Open the computer and look for any capacitors that are rounded on top: ... (click pictures to see close up. ... gnome disk utility. ... This is good advice - I agree, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Anyone know about photo-journalism?
    ... considering sending down a photographer, so I'd imagine if there's a ruckus ... BTW you may also want to get pictures of the directors of the company who wants to do the quarry. ... And thanks to everyone who's offered great advice and help. ... and do put the web site URL in every email you post. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: Need advice on taking photos of jewellery.
    ... Hunt wrote: ... >>> I need some advice on taking pictures of jewellery. ... I need to photograph diamonds. ... >>> I've seen in magazines that they get crystal clear pictures. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Joe and Laura website
    ... You don't have to have pictures that are actually ... Thanks for your advice. ... another reminder to get ready for the dog-eat-dog business world we're ... Finding a decent professional photographer and booking some time with them ...
    (rec.juggling)
  • Re: 9200T going for landfill
    ... fault" with a particular item of equipment. ... I'm a little suspicious that the homespun advice one sees so freely ... replace capacitors, sometimes to replace all of them, and hardly ever ... back to a source based on practical experience, and how much of it is self- ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)