Re: Unfair competition

On 09/28/2011 04:25 PM, Edward avanti wrote:
maybe the people who think this joke only use one internet medium and thats
ubuntu, they need to dramatically expand their horizon and see a big world
out there in IT, it does exist, ubuntu doesnt even measure in percentage,
its a drop in a tiny puddle, compred to the world size ocean of lists and
forums and IT news out there

Probably won't matter much here shortly anyway:

http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/09/20/%23ubuntu-meeting.html#t11:00
Shuttleworth states that they should just shut the Ubuntu users list down:
http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/09/20/%23ubuntu-meeting.html#t11:10
[aiee, we should just shut that baby down]
http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/09/20/%23ubuntu-meeting.html#t11:44
[i'm happy to take the shutdown bullets on -users]
http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/09/20/%23ubuntu-meeting.html#t11:45
[even if it's of the 'last chance, fred's agreed to moderate, if (s)he
gives up, we shut down the list']

  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 46, Issue 190
    ... Similar Experience/Forget Hardy ... intended as a hard-drive install, as Klaus Knopper himself often said. ... possible to roll your own live CD based on Debian or Ubuntu. ... I've seen those on a lot of lists. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 39, Issue 299
    ... windows XP box but it refused to print. ... I read the lists. ... the problem is the closed source nature of Skype. ... Under ubuntu 7.04 I used emacs v21. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Troubles after update to kernel 3.0.0.18
    ... Troubles after update to kernel 3.0.0.18 ... but thought I'd ask - Certificate in Thunderbird ... Re: Ubuntu list bounces? ... of sending messages to the lists, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 19, Issue 331
    ... Re: Automatix? ... Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box? ... Get the .config for the current working Debian kernel, ... sign it you still should adhere to it on public ubuntu mailing lists. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 46, Issue 231
    ... Please unsubscribe me I no longer wish to receive ubuntu users lists ... wrong info in package info ...
    (Ubuntu)