Problem with booting, in Dell N5010

Hi everyone,

i've a problem with booing in ubuntu 11.04 and 11.10 in my laptop dell
inspiron N5010,
i configured the BIOS to boot from the CD/DVD first, but it didn't boot. i
don't know why!?
by the way i booted another OS and it's boots well!

anyone can help me please?

Thanks.

  • Re: Ubuntu/Kubuntu on Mac G5.
    ... Yaboot simply can't load OS X. it tries, and the screen flickers, but nothing happens. ... I'm quite puzzled by why OSX won't boot. ... it says that the line beginning "macosx=" should give the open firmware or unix device path to the OSX boot partition. ... You can use the mouse to select your OSX or your Ubuntu drive, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Restore /boot? (wiped out by ubuntu install)
    ... ubuntu *insisted* on ... The other choice was to use the /boot partition on /dev/sda which was also in use by fc 6. ... create a new partition where you can boot ubuntu from. ... Since both the fc 6 on sda and f8 installed on sdb are lvm based, creating a new partition would require wiping the drive, I think, Instead I had created some new LogVol's on the copious free space of 500G sdb for ubuntu where it installed OK previously. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Ubuntu 12.10 64 bit installed along onto Pre-Installed Windows 8 System Woes (EFI related)
    ... Ubuntu 12.10 _64 bit_ on USB flahs will boot in UEFI mode on a sane ... it will install and run with Secure Boot ON - ... Manually edited the 40_custom file under the grub.d folder to add an entry for Windows 8 with the UUID of the Window's drives boot partition. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Another happy Ubuntu user
    ... Can't boot any Ubuntu Live CD! ... Verifying disc integrity ... I've even tried using my brother's graphics card (a higher end Radeon, ...
  • Re: Multiple XP Start-Up Problems - Looking for Help with Prioriti
    ... have a little more time to work with the notebook computer. ... I can still use it in DOS mode if I boot from a floppy, ... try Ubuntu. ... prepare a bootable USB Flash stick. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)