Re: display issues

On 16 October 2011 15:16, G. <pegngaryubuntu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Bruce Pieterse <octoquadza@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun 16 Oct 2011 16:06:58 SAST, G.  wrote:

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 3:50 PM, Colin Law<clanlaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

On 16 October 2011 14:40, PM<ubuntu.bkn@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

I can login as guest and things seem to be working.

if you don't have any things to be taken as backup, try reinstalling.

There should be no need for that.  On the login page click the wheel
above the password and select 2D and login.  See what happens then.

Colin

I can login as 2d.  Last time I tried I got in the but the display was
set at a very low resolution and there were no other options in
Display.  Looks fine now.  Can I recover 3d?

Hi G.

When you log in to your normal account, can you open a terminal (CTRL + ALT
+ T) and type unity --reset. If it doesn't work I have another solution you
could try.

--
Best of luck,

Bruce

Thanks!

space between unity and -?  Is that two dashes?  No space between -- and reset?

Correct on all counts
unity --reset

Colin

gary