Re: display issues

On 16 October 2011 15:16, G. <pegngaryubuntu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Bruce Pieterse <octoquadza@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun 16 Oct 2011 16:06:58 SAST, G.  wrote:

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 3:50 PM, Colin Law<clanlaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

On 16 October 2011 14:40, PM<ubuntu.bkn@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

I can login as guest and things seem to be working.

if you don't have any things to be taken as backup, try reinstalling.

There should be no need for that.  On the login page click the wheel
above the password and select 2D and login.  See what happens then.

Colin

I can login as 2d.  Last time I tried I got in the but the display was
set at a very low resolution and there were no other options in
Display.  Looks fine now.  Can I recover 3d?

Hi G.

When you log in to your normal account, can you open a terminal (CTRL + ALT
+ T) and type unity --reset. If it doesn't work I have another solution you
could try.

--
Best of luck,

Bruce

Thanks!

space between unity and -?  Is that two dashes?  No space between -- and reset?

Correct on all counts
unity --reset

Colin

gary

gplus.to/clanlaw

  • [opensuse] Re: opensuse
    ... the greeter is the login dialog, i.e., the part of KDM ... # Every display has a display name, which consists of a host name ... # Specify a file with X-resources for the greeter, ... # The font used for the "Login Failed" message. ...
    (SuSE)
  • sun ray server 2.0
    ... I have sun Rays and they do not display the login screen. ... # To specify the system env vars to be exported to the users session ... # The following entries are dynamically created by Sun Ray. ...
    (comp.sys.sun.admin)
  • Re: telnet logins
    ... >> or when starting X windows. ... >> So you're already having to set up your DISPLAY variable. ... The telnet protocol allows clients to send environment variable settings ... Changing your PATH in a login file is a standard configuration ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Multi column select in ComboBox(s)
    ... and a Login table where I'll enter the times they login and out. ... logIn and Volunteer tables. ... The relevant fields for Volunteer TBL are: ... The login Form will display the following fields: ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Unable to set DISPLAY localhost:0.0 / Solved
    ... > NOT able to use any other login as shown ... the root account to ssh to another account on the same host. ... your display should be ... your X clients' display to:0.0, you ought to use xauth, not xhost. ...
    (Fedora)