Re: 2 problems with 11.10 - advice?

On Mon, 2011-10-17 at 22:30 -0400, Fred A. Miller wrote:
On 10/15/2011 04:20 PM, chris wrote:
Your welcome. Frankly I have moved to debian stable on my desktop, and
open suse on my Lappy.
Ubuntu has broken too many things and IMHO made the distribution
unusable

That and the Unity fiasco was too much for me.

Fred

Since moved the lappy to Mint
Goes well. and things work

  • Re: 2 problems with 11.10 - advice?
    ... open suse on my Lappy. ... Ubuntu has broken too many things and IMHO made the distribution ... That and the Unity fiasco was too much for me. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Picking a license
    ... copy the source code from the same place counts as distribution of the ... , and this does apply to Ubuntu ... If Joe downloads and burns a CD for his friend, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Tired of dying in nethack?
    ... A great many people hold copyrights for programs in Ubuntu. ... Typically they have stipulated the GNU General Public License. ... CDs) or tools necessary to build or install the distribution itself ... years, to give any third party, for a charge no more than your ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.nethack)
  • Re: Software repository question
    ... When a new Ubuntu (or any other distribution, ... Doing an upgrade on a production system requires checking that your own ... Ubuntu in production systems like to have this done only ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Seven Percent
    ... It's an excellent distribution. ... I've never seen a head to head comparison between Ubuntu, ... there's critics and users reviews but they ... My example of this in the fedora world is ...
    (Fedora)