Re: Can't install (lost Admin-password)

Hi, out there.

"The standard way" gives me an error when I type in a new password;

error manipulating the authentificationtoken
(my translation from danish).

I stil get this when I try to get in from rescue mode, so I went back
to "The Standard Way", rearranged the lines of the kernel a little
and tried again ->SUCCES(almost) I've got the root password changed BUT
it only works in CLI. It's still impossible to install anything using
the GUI. Actually I can live with that (I usually prefer working in CLI)
but I would like to know exactly what went wrong between GUI and CLI ?
Any wisdom to share, anybody ?

--
Tom Rausner
tom@xxxxxxxxxx ICQ:276707843 www.tomtech.dk