Re: Can't install (lost Admin-password)

fre, 25 11 2011 kl. 16:59 +0000, skrev Colin Law:
On 25 November 2011 16:38, Tom Rausner <tom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, out there.

"The standard way" gives me an error when I type in a new password;

error manipulating the authentificationtoken
(my translation from danish).

I stil get this when I try to get in from rescue mode, so I went back
to "The Standard Way", rearranged the lines of the kernel a little
and tried again ->SUCCES(almost) I've got the root password changed BUT
it only works in CLI. It's still impossible to install anything using
the GUI. Actually I can live with that (I usually prefer working in CLI)
but I would like to know exactly what went wrong between GUI and CLI ?
Any wisdom to share, anybody ?

The password you have to enter when installing s/w is the password of
the current user. Having managed to set up a root password then you
need to set the password of the actual user using the passwd command.

Colin

OK, I'll just do that. Thanx a lot.
--
Tom Rausner
tom@xxxxxxxxxx ICQ:276707843 www.tomtech.dk

  • Re: Cant install (lost Admin-password)
    ... Actually I can live with that (I usually prefer working in CLI) ... but I would like to know exactly what went wrong between GUI and CLI? ... The password you have to enter when installing s/w is the password of ... Having managed to set up a root password then you ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Cant install (lost Admin-password)
    ... I stil get this when I try to get in from rescue mode, ... Actually I can live with that (I usually prefer working in CLI) ... but I would like to know exactly what went wrong between GUI and CLI? ... If a person belives he is a monkey, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Should the Command Line Be Deep-Sixed?
    ... CLI in particular, as about the usefulness of CLIs in general ... I find the GUI for GIMP (and back when I last saw Photoshop, ... a programmer for her familiarity with a particular language; ... to learning any of the shells installed on his Ubuntu netbook. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: GUI vs: CLI (was: Shell command in VB6)
    ... > this aspect of cli apps, but it does not apply to me" ?). ... between GUI and CLI is actually fairly slight. ... how many of us programmers would ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: system-config-users 1.2.39 broken?
    ... I can do this in CLI in seconds. ... >> directory to another is a simple command in the CLI. ... In the GUI it ... > scanning the content with my eyes, and adjusting what I want where I ...
    (Fedora)