Re: Gnome 3

On 12/01/2011 12:32 PM, Jeffrey Gray wrote:
Anyone messed with gnome3? I tried it on my netbook and it chocked
the living crap out of it. I am now using it on my work PC as well as
the wife's box at home and find it fairly slick.

Anyone with any thoughts?

I'm using Gnome 3 (Mint 12 with the Mint Gnome Shell Extensions) and I like it a lot. I like the fact that there are extensions that allow you to customize your desktop. Mine is customized to resemble a classic Mint Gnome 2 desktop (one panel on the bottom), however I'm also finding that I use the infinity button (activities menu) quite often. I'm also liking the alt f2 feature that brings up the run command prompt.

My prediction is that Gnome 3 will be very customizable in the near future thanks to the Gnome Extensions that are continually being developed. Unity will most likely be more customizable as time goes on as well.

The more I use Gnome 3 the more I'm liking it.

HTH

  • Re: Gnome 3
    ... Extensions) and I like it a lot. ... are extensions that allow you to customize your desktop. ... My prediction is that Gnome 3 will be very customizable in the ... The more I use Gnome 3 the more I'm liking it. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Four Tweaks for Gnome 3
    ... be accepted as part of Gnome Core - otherwise its a losing battle. ... Extensions are maintained by various people. ... Bring up activities window from the dash involves either ... Essentially there are lots of ways to get into a configuration menu, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Four Tweaks for Gnome 3
    ... be accepted as part of Gnome Core - otherwise its a losing battle. ... Extensions are maintained by various people. ... Bring up activities window from the dash involves either ... Essentially there are lots of ways to get into a configuration menu, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Four Tweaks for Gnome 3
    ... be accepted as part of Gnome Core - otherwise its a losing battle. ... Extensions are maintained by various people. ... Bring up activities window from the dash involves either ... Multiple entry points into the same limited configuration menu. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Why on the Earth GNOME Shell hiding Shutdown & Restart options
    ... Back when I first tried Gnome, around FC 6, it was easy to customize. ... the network switch and on and on). ... While I likely won't ever use meego instead of fedora on my ...
    (Fedora)