Re: What I do for a new machine?
- From: LinuxIsOne <linuxisone@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 08:30:54 -0500
On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Olivier Pavilla
In my case I do this for all of my laptops
/ is on /dev/sda2
/boot is on /dev/sda1
/home is on /dev/sda4 <= encrypted
/opt is on /dev/sda6
/tmp is on /dev/sda5
/usr/local is on /dev/sda8
/var is on /dev/sda7
swap is on /dev/sda9 <= encrypted
But where is /dev/sda3?
Okay if I do like this, but encrypting it during installation means we
are securing it from attacks? You have shown swap also to be
encrypted, so swap also gets attacked? And for 250 GB hard disk and 2
GB RAM, should this be fine:
/ = 20 GB
/boot = 5 GB
/home = 180 GB
/opt = 10 GB
/tmp = 10 GB
/usr/local = 10 GB
/var = 10 GB
swap = 5 GB
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: Gnome 3
- Next by Date: Re: What I do for a new machine?
- Previous by thread: Re: What I do for a new machine?
- Next by thread: Re: What I do for a new machine?