Re: how to disable touchpad on asus laptop running 11.10?

On 12/02/2011 09:56 PM, NoOp wrote:
On 12/02/2011 01:49 PM, Pastor JW wrote:
On Thursday, December 01, 2011 1:12:05 pm NoOp wrote:
the touchpad on my asus G74S is so sensitive that when i'm typing,

even a slight brush of the pad is recognized. first impression is to
simply disable it entirely and use an external mouse, but when i
googled, i found this:

i like the idea of being able to say, simply disable the touchpad

while i'm typing. in any event, what is the *recommended* way to
disable the touchpad? is that gconftool invocation considered a
reasonable approach? thanks.
I could never get it turned off in Ubuntu so I taped a credit card over it.

I didn't write *any* of what you attributed.

Doesn't much matter as Robert must have turned off his entire keyboard
in the process (he's not replied)& I like the good use of a credit
card. :-) But please mind your attributions in the future.

Can you get and use synaptiks (note spelling) in your distro?
That will turn off the touchpad when you have an external
pointing device plugged in.

--doug