Multilingual support

I would just like to follow up. I had given up trying to install
language support on a computer that I had left offline. Instead, I got
the computer hooked up. Once that was done setting up another language
was really easy.

I did "System"->"Administration"->"Language Support". Now according to
the user we have the desktpo and applications in either Spanish or
English. Each user sets his or her language. Good product.

I noticed when I log in; though the first keyboard layout for my
particular user is "USA", and though it displays "USA" in the bar at
top, I instead use the system default keyboard layout when I log in.
This can be worked around by selecting the keyboard layout desired each
time I log in.

Shawn Pringle

  • Re: degree sign
    ... How To Use the United States-International Keyboard Layout in Windows XP ... Creating International Characters ... Under or pick a Control Panel icon, click Regional and Language ... When you press the APOSTROPHE key, QUOTATION MARK key, ACCENT GRAVE ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: degree sign
    ... > How To Use the United States-International Keyboard Layout in Windows XP ... > Creating International Characters ... Under or pick a Control Panel icon, click Regional and Language ... > When you press the APOSTROPHE key, QUOTATION MARK key, ACCENT GRAVE ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Change the default Keyboard Layout
    ... > the machine, by default, the language for the keyboard is configured ... > keyboard layout, for each new profile that is ... > I mean,for exemple, change the default input language for spanish, so ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: font/unicode question
    ... Do you have the Japanese language installed? ... Do you have the Japanese keyboard layout or Input Method Editor ... characters or spelling checkers designed for different languages. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Language bar problem
    ... On the Language bar, click the keyboard layout indicator, and then ... Either toggle works in all ... This means that the Alt and Shift keys ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)