Re: Open Office and / or Libre Office

2011/12/9 LinuxIsOne <reallife@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Or you could follow these rough steps, which should work:
Go to http://www.libreoffice.org/ and go to their download section. I
guess there is a download button or something.
Then, if I recall correctly, you can select language and things like
that and finally you should select DEB and 32 or 64 bits, depending on
your system.
Download the appropriate files, in my case it was three of them, since
I needed some language things.

But for 32 bit which file I need to download since at that page there
are three files to choose from? Here

http://www.libreoffice.org/download/

The page you get to with that link look different for me than it does
for you, since it depends on your system.

First of all, if 32 bit, select Linux x86 (deb). I guess you did that
already. Then select your language. IN my case it is Swedish, so I get
these downloads:
LibO_3.4.4_Linux_x86_install-deb_en-US.tar.gz 145 MB
LibO_3.4.4_Linux_x86_langpack-deb_sv.tar.gz 1.9 MB (sv - Svenska)
LibO_3.4.4_Linux_x86_helppack-deb_sv.tar.gz 10 MB (sv - Svenska)

I guess it will be similar for you, except a different language.
Download all three of them. Put them somewhere easily available, let's
say at ~/Desktop.
Now, at your desktop, select all of them, right click, select ”Extract here…”
Three new folders are created on your desktop.
You can now remove the original archive files, those you just downloaded.

Open a terminal.
cd Desktop/Linux_x86_install-deb_en-US/DEBS
(use the TAB key so you don't have to type all that manually)
sudo dpkg -i *deb
(All files are installed in the right order and when it's finished,
LibreOffice is installed on your system)
cd desktop-integration
sudo dpkg -i *
(This installs the ”desktop integration”, I am not sure exactly what
it does, but at least it creates icons for the different application
in your Office menu)

Now you might want to install the language packs, unless your language
is US English. You have to ”translate” my case to your case here, but
it shouldn't cause you any trouble.

cd ../../../LibO_3.4.4rc2_Linux_x86_langpack-deb_sv/DEBS
sudo dpkg -i *

(Your language is now installed, or at least mine, in this case)

cd ../../LibO_3.4.4rc2_Linux_x86_helppack-deb_sv/DEBS
sudo dpkg -i *

(By the way, ”..” means ”up one level”, so if you are at
”/a/b/c/../p”, then you are at ”/a/b/p”. If you then do a ”cd ../..”,
then you are at ”/a”)

That should be it, I suppose. Hopefully I didn't miss something or
spell anything wrong, but I didn't double check anything.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ

  • Re: SPITBOL or SNOBOL4 in OS X unix layer?
    ... > I am a long-time user of the old-fashioned programming language package ... > MaxSPITBOL, an implementation of the text-oriented language SPITBOL, ... > But SPITBOL has had several unix implementations over the years. ... When you download it, open a Terminal window and cd to the directory ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Python obfuscation
    ... Ben Sizer wrote: ... I don't know if you can download it any more to test ... > as not 'thiscall'/static member functions, const declarations, etc. ... 68K machine language is fairly straightforward. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Open Office and / or Libre Office
    ... First of all, if 32 bit, select Linux x86 (deb). ... I guess it will be similar for you, except a different language. ... sudo dpkg -i *deb ... (This installs the ”desktop integration”, I am not sure exactly what ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: how run linux from CD, porblem is very problematic
    ... different CD's one is the debian installer CD part 1 and the second one ... What is your local language? ... that i can't use linux. ... I have a broadband connection 256kbs and i get to download only at ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: what should be in a computer science degree?
    ... Robotics - make a small hardware device with a sensor of some sort ... Java Programming - a GUI app that can control the hardware device, ... a lesser language. ... you download music that your friends like, ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)