Re: Open Office and / or Libre Office

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Colin Law <clanlaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

12.04 will not be released till April next year (year 12 month 04,
that is what 12.04 means).

Oh I see.

The current version is 11.10 (October
2011) and LibreOffice is installed as standard.

Okay.

Note that if you upgrade you go one version at a time, so 10.04 to
10.10 to 11.04 to 11.10. You might decide that it is easier to
re-install.

If I do like this, as you say like first 10.04 -> 10.10 -> 11.04 -> 11.10,
if I go like this, please suggest me the following queries in this regard:-

1. Some applications which are default of 10.04 and not in other higher
versions, would they (all or one) get uninstalled or would remain there...,
like what would happen of OO?

2. Is it recommended that I do this or not, means I should do this or
not...? Since Unity would come ....or something like my present gnome would
be wiped out...?

3. I cannot upgrade from LTS to LTS?

Thanks.

  • Re: Open Office and / or Libre Office
    ... Upgrading Ubuntu and getting LO does it mean of LTS 12.04? ... and LibreOffice is installed as standard. ... re-install. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Open Office and / or Libre Office
    ... worst that can happen is that you end up having to do the re-install ... so there is nothing lost apart from some time. ... May I suggest that you don't upgrade in April, ... June or July when the bugs have been ironed out of the next LTS version. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Open Office and / or Libre Office
    ... I said "in theory" and "Some have reported success doing the ... to LTS upgrade". ... There is never any harm trying an upgrade rather than re-install. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Open Office and / or Libre Office
    ... worst that can happen is that you end up having to do the re-install ... so there is nothing lost apart from some time. ... it doesn't matter ... till April next year LTS! ...
    (Ubuntu)