Re: Open Office and / or Libre Office

2011/12/11 LinuxIsOne <reallife@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 11:07 AM, LinuxIsOne <reallife@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 10:53 AM, LinuxIsOne <reallife@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well thank for this explicit information. But apart from it, while I have
complete removed OO package from Synaptic (from searching) but even now when
I search OO and look in the install (from lest bar) some things are still
there, should these also to be removed...? Here is what is left:-

http://postimage.org/image/gz8jjou1j/

Apart from it I have added the PPA from the link and after adding PPA, how
do I get LO? Searching in Software Center (after adding PPA) doesn't yield
the results for LO?

I added like this:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa

sudo apt-get update

So now the PPA is added and now I have to search for LO? But it is giving no
results in Ubuntu Software Center!

Same for me. I found it in Synaptic though, after fiddling a bit.
Maybe Software Center need you to restart Ubuntu? Just a guess.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ

  • Re: Open Office and / or Libre Office
    ... Apart from it I have added the PPA from the link and after adding PPA, ... Searching in Software Center doesn't yield ... results in Ubuntu Software Center! ... Try Synaptic Package manager. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Vista - bag o shite?
    ... Available in the documentation, and also pointed at by the shortcut in my Main Menu - which is the Ubuntu equivalent of the Start Menu. ... Since 8.04, it's been called the 'Tracker', is built-in to the top taskbar, and indexes your drive for full-text searching in the same way as Vista's search does. ... I hate to tell you this, but my Ubuntu system has icons and "friendly" names. ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • was: ubuntu 12.04 LTS removing unity
    ... I admit, one thing I had to get used to is the /etc/apt/souces.list in ubuntu, that took some adapting to as did the convoluted but well reasoned apache2 system. ... I well remember the chronic withdrawal that windows engenders but once the mind is trained it will not easily go back to the caves of gloom, the dark ages, that's the beauty of Linux. ... One thing that Linux gave me is the easy to find and use Terminal and a swag of terminal commands, I use these rather than GUI for things like updating, searching for files, and a lot of other stuff. ... I highly recommend forcing yourself to get used to Unity. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: how to configure hathway broadband internet connection in ubuntu 6.06
    ... i'm using ubuntu 6.06, and i have a hathway broadband internet ... did some searching). ... them to help simplify the process. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: wine issue?
    ... think, and i could be wrong, it uses 2 exe files (if you look in the ... searching has never been easier. ... by Ubuntu ver 9.10 Karmic ... Reg# Linux User 484593 ...
    (Ubuntu)