Re: Open Office and / or Libre Office

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 2:19 AM, Hakan Koseoglu <hakan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No, the target is Ric. Spreading FUD is just that. FUD.

What matters is what is tested and supported by Ubuntu and they only
support and test the scenarios I have outlined. I had already
mentioned my recommendation on how to upgrade from a very old non-LTS
release to the next 12.04 or from 10.04LTS to 11.10 - if separate home
directory is used, reinstalling will be easier, especially for a home
user.

Since you are an absolutely clueless newbie (obvious from your various
mails to various different mailing lists)( or a troll, hope not), what
answers you are given are important since it looks like you follow
them w/o any additional research.

Well of course, I am a newbie, but I am always gentle to the lists and
the public in general, and moreover, (while you may be right, I have
not checked) but Ric earlier too suggested me good points which I have
implemented and found okay. I would _request_ you to please be
**gentle** with others, however, this is my suggestion.

And being a newbie - is not an offense! People love Ubuntu from all
over the world, in whatever profession they might be and I have vastly
seen such cases, so there knowledge too is limited and they ask things
and perform basic computer type of things. Further to join more
mailing lists ---- is a personal choice, and moreover many people use
many distributions all over the world, but since Ubuntu is the one I
have liked the most.

Best Regards.

  • Re: Inappropriate tone on this mailing list and requirement for governance
    ... out of bounds with the requirement to respect the Ubuntu Code of Conduct ... This list is for the Ubuntu community, ... Moderators could then send the relevant advice off-list - and if ... used to mailing lists where no Code of Conduct is required), ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Inappropriate tone on this mailing list and requirement for governance
    ... The posts where by ignorance the sender top-posts, ... Moderators could then send the relevant advice off-list - and if ... If a thread is OT but correspond to an Ubuntu mailing list, ... used to mailing lists where no Code of Conduct is required), ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 51, Issue 66
    ... Re: ubuntu snapshot ... An HTML attachment was scrubbed... ... If the formatting prevents one from viewing the content, ... and while people who use html on usenet or mailing lists ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Reaching out to hardware companies
    ... public to reinforce that work by actually demanding Ubuntu on their ... This would guarantee that every distro would ... Linux is getting that way. ... has anyone who reads the mailing lists of Deb and Ubuntu ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: where to get help?
    ... Both IRC and the Ubuntu forums are crowded with people and might result ... in a faster response than any other support channel. ... forum's, Launchpad, the mailing lists or Google to see if anyone else ...
    (Ubuntu)