Re: Save passwords in a local file system

On 18 December 2011 15:52, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I have a number of usernames and passwords current saved a plain text
file. I remember that that there are some password management tools to
encrypt the user/pass info. I don't call what the tool is. Would you
please let me know what tools are available for saving usernames and
passwords?

I like KeePassX
http://www.keepassx.org/

Colin

  • Re: MDE application cracking issues
    ... code that would give away important information, such as usernames ... and passwords. ... you need to encrypt your MDE in order to ... Or you encrypt those constants within the code. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: Simple string encryption
    ... > stored in a file and I just wanted to encrypt the passwords and usernames. ... > protection to the local user lists for the client apps. ...
    (comp.lang.java)
  • Re: Parent controls
    ... my children to run is there a way that I can stop them from running certain programs by using different usernames and passwords. ... They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ...
  • Re: Paris is hoping to introduce 4,000 electric rental cars, AUTOLIB, with pick up and drop off loca
    ... I'm becoming absolutely frantic about usernames and passwords. ... all the stupid usernames and passwords I have, ... although they have a web site I've never logged into it or taken ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Are you a cyberchondriac?
    ... I used to keep my passwords (as Andy says, ... those who have many many usernames and passwords to remember, ... the internet is the absolute safest way to exchange ... think that an 80 year old stranger who lives 8000 miles away would be ...
    (soc.senior.issues)