Re: touch pad dies

On 5 January 2012 06:44, G. <pegngaryubuntu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Unbuntu 11.10, the touch pad stops working sometimes.  This happens
with the laptop closed about 50% of the time.  I had it happen once or
twice with Firefox or another application running.  This is probably
not related, but when I am typing the cursor moves to different places
on the screen.  Say I am typing in the subject field in an email,  It
will sometimes fly into the To field or into the body of the email.
It will sometimes highlight whole areas of text and as I am continuing
to type those areas are deleted.  This does not happen if I turn off
the touch pad.  I have slowed down the touch pad to try to prevent
this from happening to no avail.

I am using a Samsung Netbook N110.

I do not know what other info you might need.  Please advise.

I have the same problem. New with 11.10, AFAICT. It is /very/ annoying.

Email: lproven@xxxxxxxxx • GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven
MSN: lproven@xxxxxxxxxxx • Skype/AIM/Yahoo/LinkedIn: liamproven
Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884

  • touch pad dies
    ... the touch pad stops working sometimes. ... twice with Firefox or another application running. ... Say I am typing in the subject field in an email, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: HELP !! HELP !! FORM CLEARED VS BEING SENT
    ... My reply is at the bottom of your sent message: ... > I have, twice now, progressed through inputing a quite large ... > accidentally hit the "clear this form", while typing (I was not yet ...
  • Re: Minor problem with Firefox
    ... The help files only tell how ... then turn on search for text when I start typing. ... my Firefox does not actually give me a search thingy with a red ... "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: ...
    (rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons)
  • Re: OT Netbook or not?
    ... that I am typing text in the middle of a previous sentence. ... trying to find out how to turn the touch pad off. ... taped it over the touch pad to avoid the problem of moving the cursor ... I'm trying to re-train myself to hold the thumb up ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: OT Netbook or not? Tapping
    ... that I am typing text in the middle of a previous sentence. ... trying to find out how to turn the touch pad off. ... Try checking in the Control Panel under "Mouse". ... combinations from disabling the pad to disabling individual functions ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)