Re: software that supports, nook downloads - is there any?

On 01/07/12 Ernest Doub <hideserted@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Message: 3 Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 12:40:04 -0800 From: Ernest Doub
<hideserted@xxxxxxxxx> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general
discussions" <ubuntu-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: software that supports
nook downloads - is there any? Message-ID:
<CABGXaR5PhXa28CcMpHM1gp6kQXN0paVY-bgxCsrt4hyij8Zy3A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Jay Ridgley <jridgley2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I purchased a pair of Nook 1st Editions over the holidays. I like them!
>
> I then tried to down load a book from my library only to discover that
> nook does not directly download e-books but must use a package that is
> installed on a PC. YEP! you guessed it it ONLY WORKS with WINDOWS or Mac
> systems.
>
> Spoke with the folks at Barnes& Noble and they said to install Adobe
> Digital Editions software to fix the problem. When I tried that Adobe says
> my system is not supported... It also reports that my version of Firefox is
> old and suggests getting a free upgrade but that fails to install properly..
>
> Has anyone been able to download a book from their public library to their
> nook? If so, please enlighten me as to how I should proceed.
>
> Other ideas/alternatives appreciated.
>
> I am using Ubuntu 10.04-3 LTS and it is up to date.
>
> Thanks,
> Jay
> --
>

> Jay Ridgley
> jridgley2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Registered Linux User ID - 9115
> https://linuxcounter.net/cert/**9115.png<https://linuxcounter.net/cert/9115.png>
> Registered Ubuntu User ID - 23320
>
> --

A quick Google search brings this up:
http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Study-for-Students/NOOKstudy-on-Linux/td-p/601899

-- "If there is anything that can divert the land of my birth from its current
stampede into the Stone Age, it is the widespread dissemination of the thoughts
and perceptions that Robert Heinlein has been selling as entertainment since
1939." --- Spider Robinson <http://linuxcounter.net/cert/544489.png>