Re: Mounting Android Tablet

On Feb 1, 2012 11:54 AM, "Swapnil Bhartiya" <swapnil.bhartiya@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 02/01/2012 11:45 AM, DEF wrote:

On Feb 1, 2012 10:31 AM, "Swapnil Bhartiya" <swapnil.bhartiya@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:swapnil.bhartiya@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet and I can't mount it on my Ubuntu
system. When I connect it, all I see is a folder with numbers like 0000.
There is no content in these folders. I did file a bug report with gMPTP
project but no progress as such. Is there any way to easily mount my
tablet to Ubuntu and transfer data -- some of my users are also facing
the similar problem.

Yes.
First on your galaxy tablet: Settings --> Wireless and network --> USB
settings(Set USB cconnection) --> Mass storage.

Galaxy 10.1 doesn't have the USB mount option.

Which software version is it using.?

My Nexus S which runs on Android 4.0 has this option. Galaxy is using MTP
protocol which doesn't allow it to mount as USB storage device. I can mount
it on Windows though, but I don't use Windows. So, Ubuntu should be able to
mount as well.

Thanks.