Re: Mounting Android Tablet

On Feb 1, 2012 11:54 AM, "Swapnil Bhartiya" <swapnil.bhartiya@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 02/01/2012 11:45 AM, DEF wrote:

On Feb 1, 2012 10:31 AM, "Swapnil Bhartiya" <swapnil.bhartiya@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:swapnil.bhartiya@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet and I can't mount it on my Ubuntu
system. When I connect it, all I see is a folder with numbers like 0000.
There is no content in these folders. I did file a bug report with gMPTP
project but no progress as such. Is there any way to easily mount my
tablet to Ubuntu and transfer data -- some of my users are also facing
the similar problem.

Yes.
First on your galaxy tablet: Settings --> Wireless and network --> USB
settings(Set USB cconnection) --> Mass storage.

Galaxy 10.1 doesn't have the USB mount option.

Which software version is it using.?

My Nexus S which runs on Android 4.0 has this option. Galaxy is using MTP
protocol which doesn't allow it to mount as USB storage device. I can mount
it on Windows though, but I don't use Windows. So, Ubuntu should be able to
mount as well.

Thanks.

  • Re: Mounting Android Tablet
    ... I have Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet and I can't mount it on my Ubuntu ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Access to Linux (ext3) & Windows (FAT32) partitions (from Ubuntu 9.04)
    ... enable access to Windows XP and Fedora 10 (ext3) partitions ... from within Ubuntu? ... Will these cmds mount the file systems permanently (i.e. every time I ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • netbook remix 9.04 -- /home not always mounted
    ... The release candidate of Ubuntu 9.04 was looking pretty sweet, ... decided to take the plunge and installed the netbook remix on my eeepc ... The actual error message produced by mount indicates that the relevant ... if I interrupt the boot process (using the "break=top" boot ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • RE: Automatically mounting all volumes at boot
    ... Is it possible to have Ubuntu mount all visible filesystems ... rather than network) has permission to mount internal drives. ... I can mount drives from the GUI, but that is no help with (for ... where the "path to the folder" is the path to your mounted drive. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Can not access my slave drive...Need help!
    ... Upon booting up, I use the arrow key to move down to my second drive, ... mount: I could not determine the filesystem type, ... The cables I have also checked, I even switched out the primary drive, ... by Ubuntu ver 8.10 Intrepid ...
    (Ubuntu)