Re: Mounting Android Tablet

On 1 February 2012 21:44, Swapnil Bhartiya <swapnil.bhartiya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 02/01/2012 12:41 PM, DEF wrote:

On Feb 1, 2012 11:54 AM, "Swapnil Bhartiya" <swapnil.bhartiya@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:swapnil.bhartiya@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

 > On 02/01/2012 11:45 AM, DEF wrote:
 >>
 >>
 >> On Feb 1, 2012 10:31 AM, "Swapnil Bhartiya"
<swapnil.bhartiya@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:swapnil.bhartiya@xxxxxxxxx>
 >> <mailto:swapnil.bhartiya@xxxxxxxxx

<mailto:swapnil.bhartiya@xxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:

 >> > Hi,
 >> >
 >> > I have Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet and I can't mount it on my Ubuntu
 >> system. When I connect it, all I see is a folder with numbers like
0000.
 >> There is no content in these folders. I did file a bug report with
gMPTP
 >> project but no progress as such. Is there any way to easily mount my
 >> tablet to Ubuntu and transfer data -- some of my users are also facing
 >> the similar problem.
 >> >
 >>
 >> Yes.
 >> First on your galaxy tablet: Settings --> Wireless and network --> USB
 >> settings(Set USB cconnection) --> Mass storage.
 >
 >
 > Galaxy 10.1 doesn't have the USB mount option.

Android 3.2

Swapnil

Which software version is it using.?

My Nexus S which runs on Android 4.0 has this option. Galaxy is using
MTP protocol which doesn't allow it to mount as USB storage device. I
can mount it on Windows though, but I don't use Windows. So, Ubuntu
should be able to mount as well.

 > Thanks.
 >
 >
 > --

I don't own one so can't test it but there appears to be 2 methods
that generally work for most people I've seen in a quick online
search.

1 - Install MTP - "sudo apt-get install mtp-tools" - a lot of users
advise this works and allows them to mount the device.
2 - Change the device to turn USB debugging on. This reportedly makes
it function as a mass storage device.

Short of getting my hands on one, which doesn't appear likely, let us
know those 2 options go.

--
Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris

  • Re: Mounting Android Tablet
    ... get it to mount correctly in windows and had to use Kies to transfer ... MTP protocol which doesn't allow it to mount as USB storage device. ... If you live in Brussels you can play with my Tablet;-) ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Writing to vfat problem
    ... > I mount a vfat partition that exists on a external USB drive and have not ... My changes to a default fstab mount are: ... > Since this is a usb mass storage device its mounted as a scsi device but ... > the mount instructions tell it to mount using a certain uid, gid, umask, ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Mounting Android Tablet
    ... >>> I have Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet and I can't mount it on my Ubuntu ... MTP protocol which doesn't allow it to mount as USB storage device. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • hi, problem with Canyon portable HDD with USB interface
    ... Can't mount Canyon portable HDD with USB interface ... bfa00000-cfbfffff: PCI Bus #01 ... I/O behind bridge: 0000b000-0000bfff ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Problem with random disks mount sequence
    ... I'll get random mount sequences. ... At the beginning the USB ... nautilus remember that 'storage3' was 1st partition, ... SCSI drives are listed by order of discovery. ...
    (Fedora)