Re: Boot Ubuntu from iPod (HDD based.)
- From: Dave Woyciesjes <woyciesjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 12:55:41 -0500
On 02/14/2012 07:45 AM, Avi Greenbury wrote:
Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
Tossing around an idea for my next project...
I have a 30GB iPod 5th generation.
I was wondering if it's possible to get Ubuntu to boot from it, and
still have iTunes use it as normal (with reduced capacity, of course)
Ubuntu only supports arm7 and x86. I very much doubt the iPod runs
either of those I'm afraid. Even that aside, it's rather peculiar
hardware. Rockbox might be a better place to start.
Actually, what I meant (and not stated clearly) is to use the iPod as an external HDD for an Intel computer to boot from.
So far, no dice. I installed using Startup disk creator...
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818
--- AIM - woyciesjes
--- CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech - http://certification.comptia.org/
--- HDI Certified Support Center Analyst - http://www.ThinkHDI.com/
Registered Linux user number 464583
"Computers have lots of memory but no imagination."
"The problem with troubleshooting is that trouble shoots back."
- from some guy on the internet.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: Boot Ubuntu from iPod (HDD based.)
- Next by Date: Re: shutdown command
- Previous by thread: Re: Boot Ubuntu from iPod (HDD based.)
- Next by thread: Re: Boot Ubuntu from iPod (HDD based.)