RE: Virtualbox and networking

To test, I installed virtualbox 4.1.2x on an 11.10 system that has two nics:

sudo apt-get install virtualbox

Then, just for grins, I downloaded and installed PC-BSD 9, 32 bit version in
virtualbox. Works perfectly, and I can install updates, so the network is
working using the default NAT setting.

In the Advanced network settings, it defaulted to an Intel Pro/1000 nic,
with Cable Connected checked.

I chose not to install the recommended add-ons, but one of the add-ons is
vde2, which seems to be related to bridged networking. But again, this
wasn't needed to get it to work.

  • Re: Corrupt networking
    ... Install motherboard infs. ... Expand the Network Adapters category. ... Download the latest driver package for the NIC ... although PCI NICs give the same errors. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: IIS install on XP in SBS2003 Domain
    ... I can still access the network if I input my username and ... disable the old NICs. ... I prefer to power down, install new nic, power up and detect. ... Disabling the on-board nics in BIOS is optional, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: igb on a Nehalem system, buildworld stats
    ... So it wasn't identified during install but was in the kernel you built ... I've seen those but not w/ Intel NICs. ... physical network segment). ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: :::Debian Network Help:::
    ... When installing Debian, for some reason it can never ... When I try to install Debian, it stops me at the Network ... If you do have two NICs, it may be that Knoppix and/or the Debian ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: IIS install on XP in SBS2003 Domain
    ... disable the old NICs. ... I prefer to power down, install new nic, power up and detect. ... Disabling the on-board nics in BIOS is optional, ... I tried changing the network setup to a workgroup and then ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)