Re: Ubuntu certified hardware: not enough information

On 20/02/12 15:27, Dotan Cohen wrote:
I am using the Ubuntu Certified Hardware tool to find a new

Have you also looked at Ubuntu friendly?

This tool does not provide any information regarding memory,
processor, screen size, screen finish, wifi capability, price, or
other items of interest to a laptop buyer. Should I file a bug,
write to Canonical, ask on Ubuntu-devel, anywhere else? I would
even be willing to be the one to go out and find the missing info
so long as it will be incorporated into the site. -> Click "Report Bug"

- --
Alan Pope
Engineering Manager

Canonical - Product Strategy

Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -

ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Migrate Ubuntu to a bigger disk on a laptop
    ... I have ubuntu 8.10 running on my laptop. ... It is a 40gb disk. ... take the pkg list file from remote machine and pipe it through ...
  • Re: Best and most popular distros for the enterprise desktop
    ... :P My first exposure to ... My laptop has had a number of installs on it. ... Ubuntu is what it shipped with. ... to Debian, partially for consistency. ...
  • Memory management
    ... performance problems on my laptop. ... I upgraded to Dapper hoping that some improvements for laptop ... And indeed after installing another 256 MB of memory ... Instability and bad performance occured after migration to Ubuntu. ...
  • Re: cheap ubuntu laptop with wireless that works right "out of the box".
    ... I really need a laptop that will run ubuntu, with wireless connectivity ... Inspiron with Ubuntu, or even $699+ for a System76 unit. ... that ever worked (ndiswrapper has never worked for me) was ...
  • Re: ubuntards
    ... not a chest beater so dont feel the need to add them all to things like my ... Actually, Slackware, RHEL, Solaris, no more AIX thank god, but ubuntu is ... 3rd boot option in laptop, you see i dont dis a distro without trying it ... building all the gnome packages for slack, as I am a great fan of gnome ...