Re: Login failure after restart. Every time.

On 23/03/12 12:18, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:

[pruned]

Ubuntu is running in an ext4 partition which passes "fsck -f" completely.

I guess this was meant for me.

When you boot the system does the fsck check automatically. The above does not really mean anything. I should have been more specific and said to run the check MANUALLY at boot time.

My wife's computer was playing up similarly to what you are mentioning. At boot up it also showed that fsck showed no problems. I wasn't convinced. I ran e2fsck manually and it found a ton of errors. Which is why I am suggesting that you run e2fsck manually. If it shows no problems then you have not lost anything but gained a bit of knowledge that the problem lies elsewhere. And when you run e2fsck do NOT use the "-p" parameter.

BC

--
Wife sent me to the doctor to get the pills for me to have an erection.
When I came back I gave her the packet of slimming pills.

  • Re: fsckd - FIXED
    ... filesystem errors on boot, with the "hit control-D to continue or give root ... to fix the errors with fsck. ... filesystem and inability to reboot. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • SUMMARY: Cant boot X1 - fsck problem?!?
    ... Then next step was to find alternate superblock and run fsck against that ... After this I was able to boot up my Solaris 2.8 and everything is working ... Entering System Maintenance Mode ... mount: the state of /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 is not okay ...
    (SunManagers)
  • fstab entries for external USB hard drives led to fsck.ext3 failure on boot, bug?
    ... 'F!3@$%ing fsck! ... Please repair the file system manually. ... CONTROL-D will terminate this shell and resume system boot. ... were to allow me to quickly mount an external hard drive ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: fsckd
    ... filesystem errors on boot, with the "hit control-D to continue or give root ... to fix the errors with fsck. ... filesystem and inability to reboot. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Login failure after restart. Every time.
    ... On 23/03/12 14:01, Kevin O'Gorman wrote: ... When you boot the system does the fsck check automatically. ... When I came back I gave her the packet of slimming pills. ...
    (Ubuntu)