Re: login window disapears after sys update
- From: Ric Moore <wayward4now@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 19:41:58 -0400
On 04/02/2012 12:38 PM, compdoc wrote:
Me, I never install a new release until it's into it's first re-spin.
What do you consider a 're-spin'?
That's the re-build of fixed packages for CD of the LTS release, usually issued months after the initial release. Less bugs.
10.04 released April 29, 2010
10.04.1 (1st re-spin) released August 17, 2010
10.04.2 (2nd re-spin) released Feb 18, 2011
10.04.3 (3rd re-spin) released July 21, 2011
8.04 also went through 3 re-spins to make 4 releases total.
So, if I'm happy with my system the way it is running 11.10, I'll hang back a bit until the initial smoke clears. I paid my share of dues doing beta stuff in the past, so in my dotterage I'm taking a vacation. BUT! If I was having a hardware issue that would be resolved by installing the latest release, then I'd jump on it. I sit back only when I'm happy. :) Ric
My father, Victor Moore (Vic) used to say:
"There are two Great Sins in the world...
..the Sin of Ignorance, and the Sin of Stupidity.
Only the former may be overcome." R.I.P. Dad.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: update killed my sound AGAIN!!!
- Next by Date: Re: update killed my sound AGAIN!!!
- Previous by thread: RE: login window disapears after sys update
- Next by thread: Re: login window disapears after sys update