Re: update killed my sound AGAIN!!!

On 04/02/2012 08:45 PM, Bill Walton wrote:
Hi Ric,

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Ric Moore<wayward4now@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I ~assume~ you have gone through using alsamixer (for ALSA) first, and then
pavucontrol (for Pulse) after, to set your hardware up first? Ric

The system in question is an HP G72 laptop. No hardware setup involved.

Alsamixer doesn't find your hardware? Nothing muted? If you see two M's "MM", it's muted. Hit M to unmute. Type groups to see if you're in the audio group. You should be, according to my setup. If it worked before, it sure should be working now. I'm just trouble shooting with a shotgun, trying to imagine what an update would upset. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html