Re: update killed my sound AGAIN!!!

On 04/02/2012 08:45 PM, Bill Walton wrote:
Hi Ric,

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Ric Moore<wayward4now@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I ~assume~ you have gone through using alsamixer (for ALSA) first, and then
pavucontrol (for Pulse) after, to set your hardware up first? Ric

The system in question is an HP G72 laptop. No hardware setup involved.

Alsamixer doesn't find your hardware? Nothing muted? If you see two M's "MM", it's muted. Hit M to unmute. Type groups to see if you're in the audio group. You should be, according to my setup. If it worked before, it sure should be working now. I'm just trouble shooting with a shotgun, trying to imagine what an update would upset. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

  • Re: Problems with ubuntu 11.04
    ... it seems a bit unstable, although I may be a bit 'hardware ... limited' (running a rather old Dell Dimension system). ... Was I ill-advised to go straight to 11.04 and should I instead go ... ..the Sin of Ignorance, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: My mouse is driving me crazy
    ... moment you opened up the package? ... :P I've had a feeling like that ... about a piece of hardware before. ... ..the Sin of Ignorance, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: mouse behavior erratic after upgrade to 12.04 and updates applied
    ... On 05/09/2012 03:11 AM, Knapp wrote: ... it is hardware then you will likely see the same problem. ... Victor Moore used to say: ... ..the Sin of Ignorance, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • X-system hardware troubleshoot for i810 onboard
    ... direct rendering with this setup on previous Linux systems before. ... are older and do not support my particular hardware setup. ... Once again I say that I have had direct rendering on my hardware setup ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Hardware failure stopping Windows XP reinstall
    ... computer's hardware setup for this particular XP serial number. ... It sounds like you're using customized OEM software that's keyed to the ... post the exact error message you're getting. ...