Re: Is nouveau default nvidia driver?
- From: Art Edwards <edwardsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 06:27:15 -0600
On 04/05/2012 02:23 AM, Avi Greenbury wrote:
Art Edwards wrote:This was a dist-upgrade from maverick to natty. I should point out that
After an update from a version with the proprietary driver, I foundWell, Ubuntu policy is to prefer nouvau to proprietary, but not to
nouveau was there instead. Is the the ubuntu policy?
replace one with the other without your say-so.
What did you upgrade? It could be that the proprietary driver wasn't
compatible with one of the new things and so you've fallen back to
nouveau rendered the system unusable for the better part of a day, on a
day I couldn't afford to lose. When I finally was able to diagnose the
problem, I was able to re-install the nvidia driver without removing any
other packages. Given the persistent bugs in nouveau, perhaps the
system should fall back to the nv driver.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: update killed my sound AGAIN!!!
- Next by Date: Re: RTL 8188ce
- Previous by thread: Re: Is nouveau default nvidia driver?
- Next by thread: Re: Is nouveau default nvidia driver?