Re: Ubuntu 11.10 can't login within the gui window after update

On Sun, 2012-04-08 at 20:21 -0700, sam wrote:
Ubuntu 11.10 can't login within the gui window after update.

Yes, I can login through the command line (Alt+Ctrl+F1). but
unfortunately, every time I plug my password to the password field
(gui window) and hit enter it does recognize and accept my password
then splash black screen appear, then go back to the window and ask me
for the password again.

You need more information.

Can you log in to a guest session? If so, what is your standard desktop?
(typically you can click the cog on the login window) and what happens
if you try something else (Gnome, Ubuntu2D)?

You could also try looking at /var/log/* to see if you can find any
problems.

--
John D Lamb