Gnome and Ubuntu 12.04 beta

I hope someone can help me overcome a mental block. I installed Ubuntu 12.04 beta 2 in a VM so that I can evaluate the user interface of Gnome 3.4. Synaptic shows that it is installed on my system, but I've no idea how to invoke it. The only options I'm offered at login are Ubuntu (Unity) and Ubuntu 2D, presumably also Unity 2D.

Anyone?

Peter HB

  • Re: ubuntu 11-10
    ... On 10/23/2011 09:20 PM, Ioannis Vranos wrote: ... surprised by the user interface as I thought it was much worse!. ... I hope somebody has answers and als if there are other means that Ubuntu ... Unity 2D in VMware. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: visualization Ubuntu 8.10 and terminal installation.
    ... I read this as you installed Ubuntu twice using a CD and got only a commandline. ... There isn't a reason to run the server edition for most people. ... If you are asking can you get virtualization working on a regular ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: ubuntu 11-10
    ... contrary to a loat of moaning and screeming about Unity I was pleasantly ... surprised by the user interface as I thought it was much worse!. ... I hope somebody has answers and als if there are other means that Ubuntu ... Unity 2D in VMware. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: How do I set permissions on a samba connection?
    ... have added a new computer on which I installed Ubuntu (this is my first ... linux experience). ... From the Ubuntu computer I can read the files on ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: ubuntu 11-10
    ... contrary to a loat of moaning and screeming about Unity I was pleasantly ... surprised by the user interface as I thought it was much worse!. ... change that with Ubuntu Tweak. ... I hope somebody has answers and als if there are other means that Ubuntu ...
    (Ubuntu)