Upgrade Acrer Aspire 5100 to 11.04 and wireless card not working
- From: stan <stanb@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 18:39:09 -0400
I upgraded my Acer Aspire 5100 to 11.04, and the wireless network card,
which "just wrked" in the older version of Ubuntu no longer works. ifconfig
-a does not show any evidence of it.
I found this article:
And played arounda bit based on it. Therre is a difrence with the way
things are on my mahcine. The results of "lshw -C network" show my card as
root@ssmokey:~# lshw -C network
description: Network controller
product: BCM4311 802.11b/g WLAN
I did go ahead and remove the module mentioned in that article with:
rmmod -f acer-wmi
But it still shows as unclaimed.
What can I do to mke this work. Supidly I did this just before I have to
take a trip out of town, and need this amchine to work (of course(.
Thanks for any advice on this
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: Virtual Box with Win 7 possible at *Ubuntu running at a laptop with 2GB RAM?
- Next by Date: Re: Upgrade Acrer Aspire 5100 to 11.04 and wireless card not working
- Previous by thread: Infrequently used printers
- Next by thread: Re: Upgrade Acrer Aspire 5100 to 11.04 and wireless card not working