Remove default shortcuts in Nautilus

Hello all,

I have a simple question but I can't seem to find the right answer here.

The default shortscuts in the nautilus file manager are home, desktop,
documents, downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos, File System, and Trash.
These are the icons on the left side of the window manager.

One used to be able to remove those shortcuts by simply right clicking
on the icon then selecting remove. Now, however, for the default icons
that remove option in greyed out and not possible. Basically I want to
change where those Music, Documents etc. shortcuts point. So can
anyone either a) recommend a way to delete those default shortcuts so
that I can replace them with custom ones or b) suggest a way to
repoint those shortcuts to where I would like them to point?

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 although this behaviour has cropped up on
previous versions as well.

Thanks in advance!

Sam

  • Re: Remove default shortcuts in Nautilus
    ... The default shortscuts in the nautilus file manager are home, desktop, ... These are the icons on the left side of the window manager. ... One used to be able to remove those shortcuts by simply right clicking ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Desktop Icon Titles are Highlighted
    ... all my icons' titles are ... No more Patches! ... Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines ... say as many as 50 shortcuts to Web pages on my ...
  • Re: Desktop Icon Titles are Highlighted
    ... I don't have anything on the Web Tab Window except My Home Page ... I've recently added two Toolbars to store the Internet shortcuts and Program ... | Icons have a little shadow, especially prominent around the Gold Star Icons. ... Neither way took the shadows away. ...
  • Re: Will too many icons presented on the destop occupy memory reso
    ... Unless you install programs to the desktop, program icons are just ... shortcuts, and any icons moved or copied to the START area remain ... and has to have resources allocated to ALWAYS keep it there.. ... >> Mike Hall ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Desktop Icons
    ... ALL my desktop shortcuts appeared ... icons. ... as the boot process proceeds, ... people start their computers once a day or even less frequently. ...