Re: Upgrade to 12.04 from CD

On 25 April 2012 09:41, Colin Law <clanlaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I wish to upgrade a machine with 11.10 to 12.04 using the live CD,
which I thought was possible.  I boot from the daily build CD and
select install and it tells me that I have 11.10 and 10.04 installed
(which is correct) but does not give me the option of upgrading the
11.10 partition.  Is what I am trying to do not possible?

OK, sorted. The upgrade option is apparently not offered if there are
multiple versions of Ubuntu installed. I removed the old version so
that only 11.10 was present and now I am offered the upgrade.

It is my wifes machine so hopefully I will not mess it up. Mine has
been running 12.04 for some time.

Colin

  • Re: 64 bit downloading and kernel upgrade problem
    ... i first started fiddling around with linux and debian. ... Reboot and select proper boot device ... I would like to upgrade to 64 bit if ... I used 'apt-get install' to install appropriate kernel ...
    (Debian-User)
  • 64 bit downloading and kernel upgrade problem
    ... So initially i did a clean install by downloading minimum bootable ... Reboot and select proper boot device ... I would like to upgrade to 64 bit if ... So i went back to i386 and decided to upgrad my kernel because 'dmesg' ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Transferring exisiting XP hard drive into a new computer
    ... |>new computer is not an upgrade of the old computer. ... |>different computer since it was a retail purchase. ... |>$80-100 and do a clean install. ... |>in the file, so it won't boot. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • any suggestions for these F17 upgrade problems (can not boot)?
    ... upgrade problems (problems = system will not boot). ... The system started as F16 with a RT patched kernel from Planet CCRMA. ... I upgraded to F17 using the install DVD, and after the upgrade install the ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Web vs. Desktop based systems
    ... provider with better privacy policy (perhaps Yahoo) also provides ... to other folder or reporting spam or changing the filter recipes. ... But how do you *really* know the important upgrade that keeps ... The alert-window doesn't exactly say *why* you need to install this ...
    (comp.programming)