Re: Upgrade to 12.04 from CD

On 25 April 2012 09:41, Colin Law <clanlaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I wish to upgrade a machine with 11.10 to 12.04 using the live CD,
which I thought was possible.  I boot from the daily build CD and
select install and it tells me that I have 11.10 and 10.04 installed
(which is correct) but does not give me the option of upgrading the
11.10 partition.  Is what I am trying to do not possible?

OK, sorted. The upgrade option is apparently not offered if there are
multiple versions of Ubuntu installed. I removed the old version so
that only 11.10 was present and now I am offered the upgrade.

It is my wifes machine so hopefully I will not mess it up. Mine has
been running 12.04 for some time.

Colin