Text Recommendation

I'm looking for a good tutorial text -- CLI, NOT GUI.

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html ,
http://www.libreoffice.org/ & http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument (Nathan
Bahn)

  • Re: Should the Command Line Be Deep-Sixed?
    ... CLI in particular, as about the usefulness of CLIs in general ... I find the GUI for GIMP (and back when I last saw Photoshop, ... a programmer for her familiarity with a particular language; ... to learning any of the shells installed on his Ubuntu netbook. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: GUI vs: CLI (was: Shell command in VB6)
    ... > this aspect of cli apps, but it does not apply to me" ?). ... between GUI and CLI is actually fairly slight. ... how many of us programmers would ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: system-config-users 1.2.39 broken?
    ... I can do this in CLI in seconds. ... >> directory to another is a simple command in the CLI. ... In the GUI it ... > scanning the content with my eyes, and adjusting what I want where I ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: CLI vs. GUI (WAS: Re: [opensuse] Mount windoze shares)
    ... The fact that one MUST use the CLI for some things on a modern OS ... Were I able to open a nice GUI and click a few options, ... To converse we use language which has grammar (syntax ... designs that confuse. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: RTFM
    ... In other words, you would use a program with a graphical interface, most ... > is missing on the minority of the computers, ... CLI, although I will assume that it's possible. ... But that really has little to do with CLI vs. GUI, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)