Text Recommendation

I'm looking for a good tutorial text -- CLI, NOT GUI.

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html ,
http://www.libreoffice.org/ & http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument (Nathan
ubuntu-users mailing list

  • Re: Should the Command Line Be Deep-Sixed?
    ... CLI in particular, as about the usefulness of CLIs in general ... I find the GUI for GIMP (and back when I last saw Photoshop, ... a programmer for her familiarity with a particular language; ... to learning any of the shells installed on his Ubuntu netbook. ...
  • Re: GUI vs: CLI (was: Shell command in VB6)
    ... > this aspect of cli apps, but it does not apply to me" ?). ... between GUI and CLI is actually fairly slight. ... how many of us programmers would ...
  • Re: system-config-users 1.2.39 broken?
    ... I can do this in CLI in seconds. ... >> directory to another is a simple command in the CLI. ... In the GUI it ... > scanning the content with my eyes, and adjusting what I want where I ...
  • Re: CLI vs. GUI (WAS: Re: [opensuse] Mount windoze shares)
    ... The fact that one MUST use the CLI for some things on a modern OS ... Were I able to open a nice GUI and click a few options, ... To converse we use language which has grammar (syntax ... designs that confuse. ...
  • Re: RTFM
    ... In other words, you would use a program with a graphical interface, most ... > is missing on the minority of the computers, ... CLI, although I will assume that it's possible. ... But that really has little to do with CLI vs. GUI, ...