xubuntu 12.04 and webmin
- From: "Joep L. Blom" <jlblom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 12:58:18 +0200
I installed xubuntu as guest in vmware (works like a charm only don't use Easy Install) and it runs reasonably stable.
However, first I was annoyed by the ubuntu software center that shows me a list of advertisements which is IMO very much against Open Source etiquette. I became much more annoyed when I couldn't find my standard management tool Webmin in the repositories. I found a lot of useless and buggy applications and many superfluous or old.
Luckily Gkrellm ( one of my most valuable tools) is still in the repository and it is 2.3.5 which is reasonably recent.
So why is one of the best admin tools not in the repositories?
(Maybe Oliver Grawert knows the answer?)
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: Need Help regarding packaging & Deployment of Java Application For Linux !!!!
- Next by Date: Re: xubuntu 12.04 and webmin
- Previous by thread: Need Help regarding packaging & Deployment of Java Application For Linux !!!!
- Next by thread: Re: xubuntu 12.04 and webmin