Installing VirtualBox Guest Additions

I have Installed Ubuntu 11.10 as guest OS in VirtualBox running in
Ubuntu 12.04. I understand that to get the best performance I should
install the Guest Additions, but am not sure of the correct way to do
this, google having found conflicting advise on this for me. For
example [1] provides two different methods, one in the text and
another in the first comment, and when I attempted this some time ago
I think I used another method, which I was never quite sure had worked
properly. What is the recommended way of doing this please?

ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: