Installing VirtualBox Guest Additions

HI

I have Installed Ubuntu 11.10 as guest OS in VirtualBox running in
Ubuntu 12.04. I understand that to get the best performance I should
install the Guest Additions, but am not sure of the correct way to do
this, google having found conflicting advise on this for me. For
example [1] provides two different methods, one in the text and
another in the first comment, and when I attempted this some time ago
I think I used another method, which I was never quite sure had worked
properly. What is the recommended way of doing this please?

Colin

[1] http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2010/06/26/install-virtualbox-guest-additions-on-virtualbox-guests/

  • Re: Ubuntu Frust: Kein Full Screen in VirtualBox
    ... Man solle die Linux Guest Extension installieren, ... Beschränkungen in Ubuntu. ... File umzimmern. ... Ich war ja mit sudo auch reingekommen, aber den auf dem virtuellen CD Laufwerk abgelegten Guest Extension File fand die Konsole nicht. ...
    (de.sci.electronics)
  • Re: [OT] Problem restricting user privileges in ubuntu 7.10
    ... I am facing some trouble in disabling user access to external storage devices on a ubuntu 7.10 system. ... I have created an unprivileged user, 'guest'. ... I had suspected that to be the case, and I have compared the file with the the one on my etch box and they turned out to be nearly identical. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: visualization Ubuntu 8.10 and terminal installation.
    ... I read this as you installed Ubuntu twice using a CD and got only a commandline. ... There isn't a reason to run the server edition for most people. ... If you are asking can you get virtualization working on a regular ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • [OT] Problem restricting user privileges in ubuntu 7.10
    ... I am facing some trouble in disabling user access to external storage devices on a ubuntu 7.10 system. ... I have created an unprivileged user, 'guest'. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: VirtualBox, problem mounting shared folder
    ... virtual machine in Ubuntu 11.10 host. ... In the guest os I added the user to group vboxsf. ... I removed the share from Devices> Shared Folders and added a new one ...
    (Ubuntu)