Re: Ubuntu Classic in Ubuntu12.04

On 12 May 2012 17:20, user1 <bqz69@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 10 May 2012 15:03:07 +0100, Colin Law wrote:

Personally I suggest sticking with Unity for a few weeks to get used to
it.  Many find it very good after the initial learning curve.

To get full use of Unity use Keyboard Shortcuts - spend a little time to
learn it e.g.:

http://linuxlibrary.org/desktop/unity-desktop-keyboard-shortcuts/

Took me about 5 minutes to get used to it.

* The Linux key (on some keyboards it may appear as a windows logo)
opens the dash and I can find programs and files by typing what I want
and then hit enter when it appears.
* The alt key opens the HUD and again I can start typing to find what
command I want to run within the program
* Pressing down the Linux key shows me anything else I need at any one
time that I haven't committed to memory yet.

Simple enough for even the most basic Linux users (like me!).

--
Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris

  • Re: Cheap Electronics (was Re: Worldcon news)
    ... where if you're typing, you can keep on typing and not have to ... change your mode, reorient, and reacquire your position on the ... One approach is keyboard shortcuts. ... two different ways to do everything, doubling your learning time. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • How to Turn off Word 2003 keyboard shortcuts?
    ... typing. ... Is there a way to switch off word 2003 keyboard shortcuts? ... Mick ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: How to Turn off Word 2003 keyboard shortcuts?
    ... but if you go to Tools | Customize, then select the "Keyboard" button, you ... typing. ... Is there a way to switch off word 2003 keyboard shortcuts? ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)