Re: Ubuntu Classic in Ubuntu12.04

On 12 May 2012 17:20, user1 <bqz69@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 10 May 2012 15:03:07 +0100, Colin Law wrote:

Personally I suggest sticking with Unity for a few weeks to get used to
it.  Many find it very good after the initial learning curve.

To get full use of Unity use Keyboard Shortcuts - spend a little time to
learn it e.g.:

http://linuxlibrary.org/desktop/unity-desktop-keyboard-shortcuts/

Took me about 5 minutes to get used to it.

* The Linux key (on some keyboards it may appear as a windows logo)
opens the dash and I can find programs and files by typing what I want
and then hit enter when it appears.
* The alt key opens the HUD and again I can start typing to find what
command I want to run within the program
* Pressing down the Linux key shows me anything else I need at any one
time that I haven't committed to memory yet.

Simple enough for even the most basic Linux users (like me!).

--
Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris