Can you retrofit the non-PAE kernel to a Precise install LiveUSB?

I've tried to install Precise from CD on my IBM Thinkpad X31 laptop.
It won't boot. Precise uses the PAE kernel and my 2004 laptop's
Pentium-M CPU.

(Lubuntu works but I wanted to try a clean install of "full" Ubuntu
first. 11.10 is getting unusably slow on this machine, but then, it
started out on 8.10 & has been updated through every version since.)

If I make a Precise LiveUSB with the System Disk Creator and then I
boot it, can I install the non-PAE kernel into that and then boot and
install from it?

Email: lproven@xxxxxxxxx • GMail/G+/Twitter/Flickr/Facebook: lproven
MSN: lproven@xxxxxxxxxxx • Skype/AIM/Yahoo/LinkedIn: liamproven
Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884

  • Re: XP HOME BOOT FAILURE
    ... Boot the system, start tapping F8, when the menu appears, select ... download install and run the application: ... A repair install should bypass that but it will ... >> on, follow the screens. ...
  • Re: Dual Boot; worried about overwriting C: Boot Drive with Win2k
    ... > replacement, I decided to install that as a slave drive, but I have not ... I also want to dual boot, ... DO NOT install the Linux boot loader on ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: boot sector f*ed
    ... "I updated the machine and it doesn't boot anymore". ... Please capture the output from running fdisk and bsdlabel on the problem disk ... Soft updates is a technique employed by the filesystem to ensure that the file ... application to install the 64bit FBSD with flashplugin on the portable ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Windows Xp crash
    ... The Bios is not showing any hard drives. ... Message came up "Disk Boot failure.: ... I tried about a week ago to install Windows 7 on the second hard ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Start Menu, Icons Not Appearing
    ... Also, make sure your system has no malware, download, install and run Ad ... Assuming your system is set to boot from the CD-ROM drive, ... To Setup Windows XP now, ... To Repair a Windows XP Installation using Recovery Console press R. ...