Re: open iptables to connect as client to windows network

why have you got '--state NEW' in there, and
does it work if you remove them?

no, the config below blocks me from connecting to win network as well

# samba
$IPT -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 137 -j ACCEPT
$IPT -A OUTPUT -p udp --dport 137 -j ACCEPT
$IPT -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 138 -j ACCEPT
$IPT -A OUTPUT -p udp --dport 138 -j ACCEPT
$IPT -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 139 -j ACCEPT
$IPT -A OUTPUT -p udp --dport 139 -j ACCEPT
$IPT -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 445 -j ACCEPT
$IPT -A OUTPUT -p udp --dport 445 -j ACCEPT

Seems to be a very simple task, but i cannt get it :-/

Basic question: when u connect to, say port 137,
the response comes at another port (any nr), but then as
established connection. How iptables handles with that?

thx...

  • [Full-disclosure] Major ISPs arbitrarily blocking IRC and hijacking DNS entries
    ... My name is Anthony Sanchez and I have run a small irc network, ... connecting users to ".remove" in the event that the connection was a bot. ... apparently using some form of port restriction as ... Server: ns1.dc.cox.net ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [opensuse] RE: Ports used for Samba service - Just one more time is someones knows the answe
    ... 192.168.100.0/24 that the workstations are on that I want Samba services ... destination port 137 using a randomly chosen source port above 1024 and the ... Windows machines in the network reply using this same port as the destination ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Netgear DG834
    ... >My guess is that the OP is trying to loop back by connecting out from his ... >network and back in again via the external router address. ... seen some incoming traffic (if you disable access on a port by port basis), ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Question on Internet access of vsftp server
    ... with my other specific port openings and closing rules. ... simply not connecting at all as far as the client is concerned. ... There is another network that also runs ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Strange network problem
    ... inside the network and not connecting with the VPN? ... If you think it's the switch you should/could connect the two PC's ... >response for a port, it doesn't go through. ...