default music player disappeared on Ubuntu 12.04

Hi,

I installed Ubuntu 12.04 and had a music player installed (by default), that I could access via the top bar's audio icon.

I installed now some alternative desk top managers and somehow one of the installed packages seems to have removed my audioplayer.

It is now replaced by gmusicbrowser and my playlist of the preceeding audio players are of course not used.

So my questions:

1.) What is the daufault audio player on Ubuntu 12.04?
2.) How can I start it if it is no more the defualt player?
3.) What do I have to do to make it again the default player?
4.) Is it possible to have two different audio players in the
top bar's audio menu?

Thanks in advance for your answers

  • Re: About digitized speech
    ... I know about the WAV player, ... Using the AY chip to play a speccy sampled sound is not going to improve its ... The speccy has an audio in port, ...
    (comp.sys.sinclair)
  • Hardware vs. Software - never the twain shall meet?
    ... The world of personal solid-state and hard-drive based "MP3" personal audio ... design vs. format. ... a lot of the finest electronics come with the worst ... to my audio player.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Cassette based audio to digital?
    ... >> I imagine that GarageBand might do it, but perhaps it is worth getting ... > I often have to 'lift' audio from cassettes onto a Mac. ... > player to the Line-In of the Mac. ... I then use Audacity - it's free, ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • The Whole Nine HD Advisors
    ... I'm of course talking about the automatic resume-function that you take for granted on DVDs and earlier Blu-rays -- You press stop and power down the player, and when you decide to resume watching, the movie starts right where you left off. ... I run the audio to my amp through a digital optical cable. ... Q: I have burn-in on my HD TV screen as a result from watching too much in the 4:3 aspect ratio. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
  • Re: default music player disappeared on Ubuntu 12.04
    ... that I could access via the top bar's audio icon. ... What is the daufault audio player on Ubuntu 12.04? ... install. ...
    (Ubuntu)