Netbook kernel panic
- From: mdovell@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 20:17:10 +0000 (UTC)
Recently I tried to install 12.04 on a Compaq mini. Previously it had window xp installed and was frozen when it was getting out of hiberation.
I did a clean install of 12.04 but there appears to be kernel errors
If I start it up it goes into a cursor and nothing else. If I try to boot from usb I can get into some ubuntu boot menus but they mostly seem to yield the following:
"[8.088394]Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)
[8.088459]Pid: 1, comm: swappe/0 Not tainted 3.2.0-23-generic-pae #36-Ubuntu
There's some others parts on screen but I think the panic is the most significant.
There is a white light that flashes on the unit in the upper left. It does not respond to the keyboard and results in me having to reset it.
Memory tests and BIOS run fine.
Is there any way to format the hard drive as it is now? --
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: No 1680x1050 for external monitor
- Next by Date: Re: configuring unity launcher for 200+ users
- Previous by thread: ubuntu 12.04 LTS removing unity and installing GNOME
- Next by thread: linux/ubuntu application requirements (from GUI)