A howto backup your software configuration. "installed-software".
- From: Bas Roufs - message in English <basroufs@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 15:38:29 +0200
At Ubuntu Forums, I have written a howto - relevant for each who would like
to backup his or her software configuration. If you have a laptop or desktop
with a configuration you like, you can generate a list of "installed-software".
At a fresh install with the same distro and version you can use this list to
install all your favourite packages: either at a 2nd computer or at the
original one. This saves a lot of time.
For details, follow this short link:
I hope it benefits someone.
Bas G. Roufs MA
Van 't Hoffstraat 1
NL-3514 VT Utrecht
Mob. +31 6 446 835 10
Tel. +31 30 785 40
Open source OS: Kubuntu 12.04
Websites in construction:
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: was: ubuntu 12.04 LTS removing unity
- Next by Date: Re: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS removing unity and installing GNOME
- Previous by thread: Log in Problem
- Next by thread: Re: A howto backup your software configuration. "installed-software".